Has your quality of sleep been affected by snoring? Snoring is typically connected with a sleep disorder such as sleep apnea. However, snoring can be caused by a number of factors, some of which include:
- Aging, which causes laxity in the soft palate and uvula
- The anatomy of your sinuses and mouth
- Alcoholic intake
- Nasal congestion from an ailment such as a cold or flu
- Overweightness or obesity
If you feel as if snoring is impacting your sleep quality, Rattinan Clinic is excited to offer laser therapy for snoring, a non-invasive treatment that can help you reclaim healthier night’s sleep.
What is laser therapy for snoring?
Laser therapy for snoring is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment for improving your quality of sleep. This treatment harnesses gentle laser light from the cutting-edge Fotona Er: YAG laser technology to stimulate the contraction of collagen in the soft palate and uvula, thereby decreasing the amplitude of snoring and the effects of sleep apnea.
What can I expect during treatment?
Dr. Rattinan Treeratana treats you with the Fotona’s Er:YAG laser.
During the procedure, you may only experience a localized, yet gentle warmth.
During your treatment session, you can take a short break to take a sip of water.
The laser gradually tightens the tissue which previously obstructed the airway, correcting snoring and granting greater sleep quality.
What are some signs and symptoms of sleep apnea?
Some common indications that you may have sleep apnea include:
- Restless sleep
- Morning headaches
- Sore throat upon awakening
- Choking or gasping at night
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Witnessed breathing pauses during sleep
- High blood pressure
- Difficulty concentrating
- Your snoring is loud to the extent of disrupting your partner’s sleep
- In children, poor attention span, behavioral issues or poor performance in school
Patients that need to be treated with laser for snoring are those with a Class III or Class IV Mallamati score. You can check your Mallampati score yourself in front of the mirror.
Most people snore when they are at Class III and IV. When they receive treatment, the class will go back one step e.g. from Class IV to Class III and from Class III to Class II.
How many treatments will I need?
To achieve the best possible results, from your Fotona Er:YAG laser snoring treatment, we recommend one course of three treatment sessions: two weeks in between the first and second sessions and one month apart between the second session and the third.
The benefits of laser treatment for snoring
- Unlike other surgical and pillar procedures, laser treatment is non-invasive and can be repeated after one year if necessary. Revision is not always possible after receiving pillar implants, as there is usually not enough room for more implants.
- No anesthesia is needed.
- Patients can drink and eat immediately after the treatment, unlike surgery and pillar procedure.
- Results continue to improve after 2-4 weeks.
- Patients can download SnoreLab app to record and measure their snoring score when sleeping.
Why choose us?
Rattinan Clinic is a culmination of the highest quality in comprehensive care and services across numerous fields of medicine and aesthetics. Our team is comprised of cosmetic surgeons, endocrinologists, cosmetic gynecologists, bariatric surgeons and anesthesiologists with more than 15 years’ experience in their respective fields, many of them having instructed their skills to other practitioners. With the aid of the most modern technologies, we can deliver unparalleled results and give each of our patients a memorable experience. Rattinan clinic provides Fotona’s Er:YAG laser at Rattinan to address snoring. The clinic has been offering this treatment to our patients for more than 18 years. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and find out if laser therapy for snoring is the right choice for you.